Saturday, May 14, 2011

Quite an interesting morning.

First off, I want to thank my friend and co-worker Dan. He happened to have an old 27.2x350mm seat post in his pile o' parts, and gave it to me. That saved me $100, which makes me VERY happy! Plus, it let me get back on the road this morning!
My morning ride to work started out well. The weather was quite mild, and I think I could have lost the long-finger gloves, and maybe even the base layer. I took the 12 mile route to work this morning that runs up Pioneer and straight up 800 South to the hospital.
As I traveled east on 800 South at about 1500 West, I came across a man standing in the middle of the street, covered in blood. I stopped to see if he was ok, and he told me he had been attacked by four men who beat him up and "took everything". He was even bare-foot.
He either had a severe head injury, or was on drugs or alcohol (which would be my guess), because his speech was disjointed and he was unstable on his feet. As I pulled out my cell to call 911, a truck with two young ladies stopped to help. While I was on the phone with the EMS, a police car happened along and I flagged him down. Within just a couple of minutes, there were three police cars there and the siren from the ambulance could be heard coming closer.
The cops took over and let me continue on to work at that point. They took my number if they have any questions, but I really didn't see what happened.
After that, by blood was up with the adrenaline from the incident, and I made great time to the hill on 800 S. at 900 W. by East High. That hill is KILLER!!!  I have ridden it 3 times now, and I have yet to make it all the way up without stopping to rest.  One of these days… One of these days.
Quite an interesting morning.
-PB

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will be checking all comments before they will post, to eliminate spam and vulgar messages. -Papa Bear