Wednesday, June 1, 2011

End of the month ride

Well, I finished off the month of May with a grand total of 537.24 miles. I have never ridden so much in my life!

I know it's working for me, because I have lost about 50 lbs in the last year, and my clothes are fitting a lot looser. I think I will go for a good 400 miles for the month of June.

Now, about my end-of-month ride...

I had to drop my car in the shop, so I threw the bike on the back, and took off from there. I rode up to the Triad Center to meet LeAnn and take her to lunch. We were talking about what a lovely day it was for cycling - warm, sunny, very light breeze. We should never have made a comment about the lack of wind!

About 3 miles from LeAnn's work, the wind started picking up. I was riding into a strong wind coming out of the South-West. Weather Bug reported 22 mph winds with gusts up to 30 mph. Here is a little video of it:



Crazy, huh?

I have to say, I am SICK OF WIND AND RAIN!

Oh, well. I guess I can think of it as "resistance training".

-PB

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will be checking all comments before they will post, to eliminate spam and vulgar messages. -Papa Bear