Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Been a while...

So much going on, except for riding.

My father-in-law, Paul, has been slowly losing a fight with cancer, and that alone has made this holiday season a tough one.

I love Paul like he's my own father, and I will miss him when he's gone... but he needs to go. I can't stand seeing him suffer any more. It has gotten to the point where I watched him holding Mom's hand and crying, asking "why did I have to wake up again? Why can't I just die?"  Cancer is a HORRIBLE way to die, and I am trying to do my part by raising money through the LIVESTRONG FOUNDATION.  Please, if you can, click through and make a donation to this worthy cause!  You don't have to leave a name, or anything, but if you want to donate in honor of Paul Larson, I would appreciate it.

As far as cycling goes, I will be back in the saddle after my knee surgery on the 27th of Jan.  Hopefully I will be ready for the Salt Lake Century ride in May.  I am going to set up a LIVESTRONG donations page and wear LIVESTRONG gear on that ride to try to raise some more money for cancer research. 

We have to do something to stop this disease from taking so many people!

Stand with me, LIVESTRONG!!!

-PB

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will be checking all comments before they will post, to eliminate spam and vulgar messages. -Papa Bear