Thursday, May 12, 2011

What a Way to Start The Day!

So, I'm on my way to work this morning. Jeff is in the lead, me in the middle, and Dave bringing up the rear. We are crossing 2700 west when I hear "crack" and feel myself falling backwards off of my bike! Thankfully my feet were clipped in, so when I pulled on the handlebars I was able to right myself instead of tumbling backwards into Dave's path!  I pulled over, and this is what I find:


That's right, my seat post broke off! Here's a closer look:


So I send the boys off to catch the train, and I stand up and ride back home. What a pain! I do feel lucky, however. If I hadn't been clipped in, or if I hadn't been able to catch myself, not only would I have hit the street in a most painful way, but Dave would then have ran over me since he was right behind me!

Now I have to try to get that post replaced today so I have a way to get to work tomorrow without having to wake LeAnn up at 4:30 like I did today. (Sorry, Liomsa)

Well, I guess it could have been worse. It could have broken when I was 50 miles from home on the Century ride.

-PB

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will be checking all comments before they will post, to eliminate spam and vulgar messages. -Papa Bear