Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Plus 3 Network and World Bicycle Relief

First, and foremost... I'm NOT ASKING FOR MONEY.  Please read on...

The Plus Three Network, in conjunction with SRAM are raising money for "World Bicycle Relief".

World Bicycle Relief was founded in 2005 by SRAM Corporation in response to the December 2004 tsunami that swept the Indian Ocean. In partnership with World Vision Sri Lanka, this project provided more than 24,000 locally manufactured bicycles to carefully selected men, women and children in greatest need. Following the tsunami, World Bicycle Relief retained an independent organization to measure the impact of Project Tsunami. Two years after the project was complete, the results are outstanding: 88% of recipients depend on bicycles for livelihood activities, and bicycles can save a household up to 30% of its annual income for transportation costs. The bicycle program provided critical transportation enabling households to resume important livelihood, education and service activities.


Just by logging the miles I already ride, SRAM and +3 are raising money for this great cause. Here's my stats since I started logging for them on June 1st:

My Stats This Month:
Dollars$0.84
Hours03:42:12
Miles42.0
My Stats This Year:
Dollars$12.76
Hours28:57:06
Miles398.4

I know it doesn't look like much, but when all of my cycling buddies and running buddies log in, it really adds up!  If you want to help out, go to http://www.plus3network.com/ and sign up for free. Then you can pick the cause you want to help out (I'm doing World Bicycle Relief/SRAM).

Come on and help out!

-Papa Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will be checking all comments before they will post, to eliminate spam and vulgar messages. -Papa Bear